Timeless Treasures

Across the ocean, mountains and valley,
Across the high rise buildings so tall,
Across the hundreds of countries so mighty,
and across the universe so bounty.

I, just a being of mankind,
lay staring at my mundane ceiling,
trying to make out the meaning of life,
And why I have been put forth on earth.

I spend my time,
not knowing if it is night or day,
plundering my mind for answers,
to discover the real treasures of life.

I have learnt that respect is measured,
by the jewels, cash statute that one owns,
Day after day and night after night,
man strives to work his miserable life away,
Oh, for what price !

Man forgets that as time is man's greatest possession,
it is also man's greatest enemy,
For who can hold on to time or make any sense of it,
Come what may !

* Article appeared on Mix FM's website and won a CD

Comments

Popular Posts